Sonyluvsbooks

Sony Luvs Books

Books are the most portable past time you can go on an adventure, fall in love, and save the world. The best kind of story is those that linger in your head days after you've finished the book. And that's what reading is for me the search for the next book that lingers in my head.

I'm Not a Plastic Bag

I'm Not a Plastic Bag - Rachel Hope Allison The environment is one of those hot button global issues that illicit negative or positive responses depending on which side of the fence you talk to. Yes, its a major concern but the problem most people think the damage will not be felt in their lifetime. So why bother ? Let the next generation deal with it. And the so called "tree huggers" can leave them alone. That is the reaction most people still have -- believe it or not. So educators have to get creative to spread the word about the damage of pollution in way that doesn't feel like propaganda being shoved down their throat. And its mediums like books, movies that are part of environmentalist tool-belt. Rachel wrote and illustrates the story of a Pacific Garbage Patch.He is lonely, the story is cute and sad. Every one needs love right even Pacific Garbage Patch. Rachel does a great job of embodying the Pacific Garbage Patch with a personality. You can't help but feel for him. I'm not a plastic Bag was written by Rachel Hope Allison who partner up with Jeff Corwin Connect and the Ocean Conservancy, Jeff Corwin he's a marine biologist. He's been a champion for the environment and has appeared on the talk show circuit discussing the impact of man on the animals and planet. I love the fact that this book was made with recycled materials. I don't think books like these that spread a message to impart wisdom should be rate but this is a blog that reviews book. So if pressed I would give I'm not a Plastic Bag 4/5.