Sonyluvsbooks

Sony Luvs Books

Books are the most portable past time you can go on an adventure, fall in love, and save the world. The best kind of story is those that linger in your head days after you've finished the book. And that's what reading is for me the search for the next book that lingers in my head.

Guarding Jess (McCormack Security Agency)

Guarding Jess - Shannon Curtis I liked the story well enough but you see what killed it for me was the fact that the plot was so predictable. Half way into the book I knew who the stalker was. Romance between Jess and Noah as I read it was like I was writing a mirror copy of the scenes in my mind, that’s how predictable the plot was.Very formulaic now I understand romance of any genre follows certain tried and true formulas because they work. But there is a difference between tried and true and lack luster. Sure they were some steamy scenes in there that were a heart beat away from “heaving bosoms and flaming manhood” status but just, giggle. And even though the stalker character throughout the entire story comes across as this mind f%$@ once confronted lifetime movie style the confrontation is disappointing.As part of my campaign to read other genres I don’t usually read I picked this romance, because I was intrigued by the synopsis and wanted to see if the story could hit all the right notes. Be a romance but still manage to throw in some twists the reader doesn’t see coming. Alas that was not the case in this instance. But if you are a romance junkie and just want to disconnect from the world for a few hours then Guarding Jess will be perfect for you. As for me it wasn’t my cup of tea. The pacing was pretty good, the writing wasn’t the great works of Shakespeare but I don’t think it was meant to be. Characters are cookie cutter, examples the injured warrior and the woman that calms his restless heart and restores his faith in love again. The friend that provides a little comedy relief, there is even a handsome playboy. So for those saving graces I gave Guarding Jess a three out of five. Due to some steamy scenes I would recommend this book for the adult set sorry kiddies no room at the inn for this one. Read Guarding Jess and maybe you’ll disagree with my rating post your comments below and let me know what you thought of the story.