Sonyluvsbooks

Sony Luvs Books

Books are the most portable past time you can go on an adventure, fall in love, and save the world. The best kind of story is those that linger in your head days after you've finished the book. And that's what reading is for me the search for the next book that lingers in my head.

First Time: The Legend Of Garison Fitch

First Time: The Legend Of Garison Fitch - Samuel Ben White What drew me to this book was the concept it was intriguing and I wanted to see how it would be executed. Because time travel is not a new concept and it takes finesse to keep the story from becoming a cartoonish mess. Still First Time was entertaining a few twist that kept the story interesting. I loved the subplot entertaining the idea of alternate histories and parallel dimensions. As well as the time paradox element it was provocative. Especially the repercussions that had realistic consequences resulting from Garison’s mishap. Raising all sorts of questions about one’s reality. The romantic facet was sweet but if not a little confusing with the different time lines.Having said that I had an issues I couldn’t ignore—the religious element scattered (and I do mean scattered) through out the book at times felt heavy handed (maybe that’s just me). But I’d be reading along and bam there’d be some religious reference to Christianity. Though it’s not distracting from the story you do notice it’s presence. Four hundreds pages was adventurous undertaking and it started to show some. The plot’s pacing was slow most of the time but when any action occurred I found myself feverishly plowing through to find out what happened next. Still at the the end of the day it was a fun read for a sunday afternoon after church, but for me this was three point five rating. The religious element was the down fall–honestly I don’t have a problem with religion but this book’s genre is not clearly stated as or listed among the Christian fiction. And forewarned at least you know what to expect otherwise it can be a turn off coming upon it unexpectedly. 3.5 / 5