Sonyluvsbooks

Sony Luvs Books

Books are the most portable past time you can go on an adventure, fall in love, and save the world. The best kind of story is those that linger in your head days after you've finished the book. And that's what reading is for me the search for the next book that lingers in my head.

The Book of Wonders

The Book of Wonders - I don’t know where to start so I will just jump in with both feet. When I first saw the cover it was intriguing and read the synopsis and I was hooked. The world of djinn, ogres, magic is some place I wanted to explore. The story was creative with the appearance of famous characters like Sinbad and the mention of Aladdin. Put a new twist on the Sinbad myth it gave the history of the book of wonders a point of reference and weight, and had a nice flow. I fell in love with Zardi her character was brave, loyal and fought for the people she loved. That right there if I’m a young girl reading this story would inspire me. Ridhan even though he was more cerebral still he was brave as well to follow her repeatedly into danger and was fiercely loyal to Zardi. You just know he likes her. The was compelling and Ms Richards writing was descriptive and lured you into her world each word a bread crumb leading you to the end. As a debut novelist her first book is a slam dunk and I’m chomping at the bit to see where Zardi and Ridhan story to the black isle takes them.http://sonythebooklover.com/2012/01/the-book-of-wonders-review/