Sonyluvsbooks

Sony Luvs Books

Books are the most portable past time you can go on an adventure, fall in love, and save the world. The best kind of story is those that linger in your head days after you've finished the book. And that's what reading is for me the search for the next book that lingers in my head.

The Goddess Test (Goddess Test, #1)

The Goddess Test (Goddess Test, #1) - Aimee Carter I started reading this book with no exceptations,and was pleasantly suprised. Full review coming soon.http://sonythebooklover.blogspot.com/2011/05/goddess-test-review.htmlTruthfully, when I first cracked this book open I wasn't expecting much. Not to like or dislike it, but I was pleasantly surprised. I'm a sucker for a good story they don't all have to be high octane rides, but at the very least the story has to pull me in. The Goddess Test did just that. To my absolute glee I've become a fan of Ms Carter's writing- smooth and easy to follow. The story blooming and surprising me with the directions it took. The premise of this book, the use of mythology mixed with romance and an seemingly impossible task- 7 tests you couldn't fail. Sounds like a book you want to read? Okay enough teasing on to my thoughts, Aimee Carter wrote Kate as a strong well developed character that is fiercely loyal to those she loves (which at times was a bit annoying). Henry was the right amount of dark and brooding - reminded me of Edward from twilight a bit. The romance between Kate and Henry was believable because it didn't happen over night but was a process. Once she got past her Stockholm syndrome their interactions was endearing. I was actually rooting for her.What confused me was the setup of the test there was no format. And you only knew the results after she pasted . So there no setup to prepare you. Kate was intelligent but incredibly naive, and Henry did come off as a stock character- the brooding handsome distant love interest. Some of the plot points I figured half way into the book. I don't know if that was intentional. To play up to the reader's intelligence. So you were caught off guard when there was a twist you didn't see coming.All in all I can't believe it, but I loved it. From the descriptive writing that wasn't overly done but put me right in Eden Manor with Kate and Henry as they played cards at night. I can't wait for Goddess Interrupted, frown. In all fairness for the faults I mentioned in the previous paragraph I had to give it a 4 out of 5.